Sunday, October 4

13 Years



(1996)

After thirteen years of last stepping off my Alma Mater's court-Northwest Whitfield High, the Bruins...I stepped back on for one more chance at claiming a victory!
For the past two months past graduates from 1976 to 2004 (we didn't want anyone too young :)) have been gathering on Sunday and Wednesday nights to scrimmage and practice. We divided up in to Odd and Even years to determine our competition for game-night.
This has probably been the best time in my life in a long time. Getting together with my old teammates and re-living our old days and playing together again. Most of my basketball memories are from my college days and my college teammates...so getting together with these girls was great. We had two of NWHS's former coaches represent us and we all made shirts, the Even girls even had some signs made, the cheer leaders made us banners, and all the procedes from our game went to the Tip-off club and the local rec-league basketball team. I made my children shirts with my old number on it (our game shirts had random #'s on them) and they wore them with pride--so proud of what their mommy could do:) All my family showed up--Granny, Mom and Pops, Gina, Susan and my newest fans my kids, Kelly, and Donna (Nanny). Just like the good ol' days...oh, if I were only 17 again.
Unfortunately I am not 17, but 31 with very old and achy knees and boy am I feeling it today. Not even the pain I am suffering today (and the past 2 months) could not keep me off the court. I have loved this experience and do not want it to end. I am in the process of hopefully finding or starting a Women's league for us to play in.
This has been a great experience and I loved every minute of it.

Lesson learned: Cherish the days of your youth when times like this were happening all around you. Being young and athletic with talents and a chance to show them off...priceless.


My Lil' Supporters


Two of My Fans.
 Kelly is wearing my old shooting-shirt:)

Game Time



After the game with my Beautiful Family!