Wednesday, February 13

Papa Owen

This is Kelly's Papa, Donna's father, and my children's great grandfather--Hank's name sake. This is a picture from 1962, with him being 'silly' as he adorned a pair of his daughter's sunglasses. I like this picture--I think Kelly resembles him in this picture. I never had a chance to meet this man, the grandfather to my husband, for today is the 14th anniversary of his passing. I thought it would be nice to post his picture for the sake of the Bell family and for my children. God bless.


"A man knows he is growing old because he begins to look like his father."
-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute to such an amazing man! thank you Joanna-that's probably the sweetest gift you could have given to me - excluding two perfectly gorgeous grandchildren!
Love you, Donna