Sunday, February 22

Ava


Ava Perish Roberson
February 11, 2009-February 18, 2009


A short life lived with many lives touched. She made her Mommy proud, a Nanny's heart to grow, an Aunt and Uncle to smile with joy, and two cousins happy just to see her face. Seven days and all is changed...we will never be the same.
Today was a sad day--today we said good-bye, but only for now for we shall all meet again one day. May our Angel smile upon us daily and as her Mommy said "make the sun shine."


I have been struggling for days to write this post. I have been wanting to keep everyone updated and informed...but coming up with the words has been so hard. You never in your life imagine you would have to attend a service for one so small.
Please continue to pray for our family, especially Jennifer, along with Kelly and Donna...for they are hurting for their daughter and sister for her loss.
But don't be sad for as Hank put it-"Jesus just wanted a new baby."
She is in heaven now...we'll see her again one day.

Here are the lyrics to a song that another blogger uses to express her grief of losing her own infant (look to my side bar). I love this song and the words are so true.


Bring the Rain-Mercyme

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain

I am yours regardless of the clouds that may
loom above because you are much greater than
my pain you who made a way for me suffering
your destiny so tell me whats a little rain



Stay strong. Bless you sweet Angel and bless your Mommy. We love and will see you in Heaven.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my sweet Jo. Your words bring so much comfort to me. Our lives are forever changed. I want to remind everyone to love and hug their babies daily and remember Jennifer and the pain of losing Ava especially during the times when their kids are crying and driving them crazy. jen never got to hear her baby cry. I love you my special daughter. I'm going home tomorrow (Wednesday). Please pray that God will surround Jennifer with His love so that she will feel His presence. Nights are the hardest.

Misty D. said...

Joanna,

I'm really sorry to hear about little Ava. We will be praying for all of you guys.

~Misty

Unknown said...

Thank you so much JoJo for such a beautiful post. You said it all very well. I am so glad you were there. I love you dearly and thank you a thousand times over...kiss the babies for me.
jen