Thursday, June 25

Graces 3

Eden~
As I had mentioned this week is Vacation Bible School week. Today in the car upon picking the kids up I had an awesome conversation with my 7 year-old. I am amazed more and more each day by this little angel. Eden asked question after question about Christ and what it means to believe. I answered as many as I could that would be possible for one Eden's age to understand. After an approximate 30 minutes conversation (we were running errands and heading out to Tunnel Hill to my grandmother's house) I looked in the back seat and Eden was crying. I asked what was the matter and she says "I just love Jesus and God so much, I just love them. And I am so sorry for ever being mean to my brother, I love him too." And then she began to pray. My sweet baby prayed right then and there for what she said was self-control. Oh, the wisdom and knowledge of my 7 year-old. She is so amazing and I thank God for this great opportunity that He provided us with.

Hank~
With all the conversing Eden and I was doing-Hank managed to get in his own questions and would occasionally give us the comedic break we may have needed in our somewhat tense dialog. At one point (and I thought it was cute) he asked when he would get his magic powers so he could be ready to visit Jesus in Heaven.

Today was a wonderful day to sit and listen to my children with their inquiring minds. They really are amazing and are certainly my little pieces of Heaven here on Earth.

No comments: