Monday, January 12

Song Writer

My little rock star! Sweet, sweet Eden. She is so creative and has such an exuberant personality! She is often writing stories in her journal/diary and on her new blog. We never know what she is going to write and/or draw. Recently she has been writing songs...which are very heart-felt. She often reads/sings them to us or gives them to us to read; with her spelling still not quite right-you never really know what she is completely saying. So, on Friday she is writing in her journal and she proceeds to sing it to me, all while I am trying to get us all ready to go to the birthday party. I say it was great and put it to the side to continue to get ready to walk out the door. She meets Kelly at the door with the song and sings it for him...

"Arakabama will not come for you..." (just a section of a line)

Too funny. Kelly is hysterically laughing and brings it up the stairs to me to read. Apparently I did not catch what she had written...Barak Obama will not come for you. What a funny child. This just goes to show you how much your kids are listening to television, adults, etc. All due respect-they did have a mock-election in her school on the day of election and spoke frequently about the candidates. But this is just beyond words...my 6 year old singing about our new President-elect...in a love song.



She tells us often that she wants to move to Nashville like Taylor Swift to become a star! One day my baby girl, one day!
See complete song here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Edi bug that I love her new song. I'm not signed up to "blog" on her site (or I can't figue it out!) so please pass the message along and ask her if Papa Ron and I can move to Nashville with her. She can buy a big house and Papa Ron will do all the yard work and I will keep the house clean for her!