Wednesday, May 6

Scruggslosh

Ok, so I try to mix up what I feed my family for dinner. I like trying new things and encouraging the children to at least try one bite of what I fix. With lots of thought and consideration and planning with the kdis-tonight they really wanted me to "just create something." So I kind of did.
My mom always made Goolash when we were young and Heidi still does but I have yet to try. After leaving the gym tonight the kids and I went to Bi-lo to purchase what I needed. I tried calling Heidi for the recipe and could not get her on the phone. At this point the kids really wanted it (Heidi has made it for them before) but unable to get in touch with sis Eden mentions that I should just get my own ingredients and we could call it Scruggslosh. It was really quite funny. She is so creative and so dramatic. She takes everything so seriously...and this she was serious about.

Ingredients:
Ground Turkey (or beef)
1 onion (chopped)
1 lb seashell pasta
2 cans corn (drained)
2 cans diced tomatoes (Italian style)
1 block Velveeta cheese
Cook meat with onion. Meanwhile boil noodles, drain, add cheese to melt. Add corn and tomatoes to meat mixture until warm. Mix with noodle mixture.

The kids loved it and even Kelly liked it. We now have our own little family creation (with Ganny taking most of the credit) and named by the soon-to-be-famous Eden. This one will definitely be passed down.

1 comment:

Donna said...

sounds Scruggsoliscious!