Monday, July 7

Transition



We have officially taken down Hank's baby bed/nursery! It has been in the works for some time now; taking out the old and in with the new. I am one of those very sentimental moms that want to hold on to as much as I can of my children's youth (as if it were already over). The taking down of Hank's baby bed/toddler bed is a HUGE deal to me and is just about all I can take of this 'big boy' stage or as Hank says "I am tall now, Mommy." Eden has had a 'big girl' room since she was two, but that was due to the upcoming arrival of Hank-the bed was not changing hands. As many know, my friends Jessica and Brent are expecting this winter and so handing it over to a close friend seems okay with me; at least I know I will again be seeing it holding a newborn babe and in very good hands.


In with the new...
We went furniture shopping last week and decided on a bunk bed set that both the kids are going to enjoy-Eden says she will sleep on top and Hank on tbe bottom...we'll see. I have even come to terms with bribing them--offering them both a $1 for every night they sleep in it through the night (without crawling in to Mommy and Daddy's bed). I guess we'll see how that one goes too.




(as you can see we are still in the process of decorating)

Night One--Eden top bunk--$1 banked
Hank my bed--$o banked
(stay tuned)
Night Two--Eden top bunk-half night--.50 banked
Hank bottom bunk-half night--.50 banked
Night Three--Eden top bunk--$1 banked
Hank my bed--$0 banked

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess this means that Hank is "officially" a big boy. Kind of makes me sad. I call top bunk when I come for my visits!