Thursday, March 19

Making Friends




The kids and I had an afternoon at the park today. It was such a beautiful day. Hank and I spent most of our time on the track (me walking, him riding his bike). Eden happened to meet up with her friend, Nono, from school (yes like no no). They had a lot of fun playing together. Nono was accompanied by her family which consisted of little sister and two cousins, with mom and aunt in tow. Come to find out, Nono is the only one who spoke mostly English. It was so cute to watch them all play together. Hank introduced the boys to Spiderman and the Ironman (action figures he had in his backpack). I asked Hank if the boys were speaking like him he said "no, Spanish." It was too cute. Actually they were speaking Chinese. I am so happy to know that my children adapt so easily to those around them and are the least prejudiced to those that don't speak their language. I feel like, as a mom, I have done at least one thing right:).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my sweet Jo. You've done so many things "right" with those kids! You and Kelly have set such good examples for them and I'm so very proud of you both.