Sunday, April 26

Hanging Garden

I have been wanting to have my own garden for years. I have never really imagined actually being able to plant one while living in a condo unit...but this idea of planting is so neat. Brent (Jess' husband) and I are always talking about food and cooking--a big love for both of us, and he mentioned this idea to me back in the winter. My mom spurred the rest of the idea by leading me to websites with other planters like this. Anyway, here you go. My upside down tomato garden.

Bucket 1: Sweet Cherry and Roma tomatoes on bottom. Sweet Banana and Pimento peppers on top.

Bucket 2: Better Boy tomatoes on bottom. Jalapeno and Red Bell peppers on top.

Bucket 3: Red Beef Steak tomatoes on bottom. Green Bell pepper and Cucumber on top.


I am excited beyond belief about my garden. I am anxiously awaiting the first sprouting of a bud...I just love fresh, garden-grown tomatoes. Plus, my peppers...mmm. Just imagine all the possibilities this summer. I think next weekend I am going to plant herbs and arugula. I'll post updated photos of my blooming plants soon enough--stay tuned.

No comments: