Tuesday, April 14

Time to Breathe

I DID IT!

I did it...I finally completed my final assignment to be able to graduate in May. This has been a long, long road for me.
I began college, like most, in the fall after graduating high school in 1997. I lasted 2.5 semesters at Covenant, from there I went to Tidewater Tech Community College in Virginia Beach, then to Dalton State, and finally to end at Covenant's Quest program. I have been in the Quest program since March of 2007 and should have finished the program in July of '08-but put off writing my final paper. Technically, if I finished in July or now, I still could not get my degree till this May...so I really wasn't that behind (so I kept telling myself).
With much procrastination-I succeeded to finally get the final revisions finished and I turned in my paper today!! I actually drove it to the Quest office in Chattanooga...I wanted to make sure my professor got it :)

So, after 11.5 years of college, I will graduate in May with a BS in Organizational Management. It is not a degree that I necessarily want to pursue a career in but a stepping stone and an accomplishment.

Thanks to Kelly, my kids, and my mom for all the inspiration, motivation and for believing in me.

Now I can breathe. Relax. Let loose. Not worry about homework. Not neglect my children while my nose is crammed in my computer (except for when I blog...lol). Enjoy all my evenings at home; no running to class as soon as Kelly pulls in the driveway. Read for pure enjoyment. My list could go on and on.
I am the type that frets over things till they are finished. I couldn't go to the gym knowing I had homework with out fretting over being there. I am so glad those days are over--that is till I decide what I am doing next...
I still want to teach. I will have to go back for my Masters--I was just talking to Kelly and we may do that together:) We'll have to see.

Again thanks to all my family and friend's support that I have received for two years...<3

1 comment:

Donna said...

Jo, I am so proud of you! I knew you would get to this point and it doesn't matter how long it took - you stuck with it and accomplished your goal while working full time and taking care of your family. You never gave up! I would love it if both you and Kel could go back and get your Master's - you both are born teachers and coaches!